Powering a Smarter Future
1,000+ Successful Power
Our solutions manage substations, power enterprises, and distributed energy resources worldwide.
Moxa provides connectivity, communication, and computing solutions for the power and energy sectors.
We contribute to forums like CIGRE, IEC WG, UCAIug, and PAC World on PRP/HSR and MMS solutions.
- Substation Automation
- Renewable Energy
- Energy Storage
- Critical Power
Moxa provides state-of-the-art solutions for substation automation and feeder automation applications for both public utilities and enterprises. Our rich experience in this industry, coupled with our innovative work on the latest technologies, enables us to develop market-specific solutions for computing and communication applications in this domain.
- Industry’s first fully integrated IEC 61850 MMS (manufacturing messaging specification) solution consisting of Ethernet switches, device servers, and embedded computers
- End-to-end PRP/HSR solutions for substation communication and substation computing
- Proactive monitoring of network behavior and component status for preventive maintenance
- IEC 61850, IEEE 1588, and PRP/HSR compliant solutions
Moxa’s Industrial IoT solution enables smart generation and distribution of renewable energy from solar and wind sources. We provide an integrated data-acquisition and device-monitoring solution to efficiently manage remote power assets distributed across multiple field locations. With our solution, you can easily deploy and manage your distributed field devices and integrate them with services and applications in the local SCADA or in the cloud.
- Reliable operation in wide temperature outdoor environments
- Ready-to-run software solution for Modbus data acquisition, remote device management, and Modbus-to-MQTT protocol conversion
- Simplify maintenance using remote configuration of devices and software and remote troubleshooting functions
For energy storage applications, SIs are faced with the challenge of integrating multiple devices with different protocols into an Energy Management System (EMS). Moxa’s highly interoperable solutions help SIs build efficient monitoring and control systems that integrate distributed energy storage systems (ESS), power conversion systems (PCS), and battery management systems (BMS) into a centralized EMS.
- Multi-protocol solutions, such as a multi-protocol I/O or a protocol gateway, for IT-OT convergence
- Simplify software development with programming libraries such as the Modbus protocol library in our embedded computers and MXIO library for I/O devices
- Easy data acquisition from distributed ESS sites using ThingsPro gateway and server tools
- Gateway devices with a wide operating temperature range for harsh outdoor environments and a compact form factor that fits in any ESS machine
Critical power management solutions must ensure a reliable power supply to essential power loads where no power shortages can be tolerated. Moxa offers high-availability facilities management solutions to ensure uninterrupted power supply and services. Devices—such as automatic transfer switches (ATS), meters, circuit breakers, and UPS controllers—control and monitor the power systems to ensure uninterrupted power generation and distribution while optimizing the energy loads in the system.
- Supports protocol conversion to deliver a unified interface for data acquisition, such as data conversion from Modbus RTU to Modbus TCP, from I/O to SNMP, and from serial to Ethernet
- Devices that can withstand harsh operating environments with industrial-grade features that include EMC, wide-temperature operability, and millisecond-level network recovery