Oil & Gas
Energizing a Smarter Future
A Digital Transformation in Oil
Over 100 oil and gas fields around the world have been digitally transformed with Moxa technologies.
Trusted by Global Leading
We provide solutions to the world’s leading oil and gas OEMs, system integrators, and service companies.
Diverse Solutions, Certified by
C1D2/ATEX/IECEx Zone 2
Moxa offers a wide range of solutions with key global certifications: C1D2, ATEX/IECEx Zone 2, and DNV GL.
- Upstream : Offshore
- Upstream : Onshore
Optimizing Network Communication for Offshore Oil Drilling Control Systems
To remotely monitor a drilling platform successfully, its entire infrastructure needs to be extremely reliable. Moxa’s products comply with maritime certifications, such as DNV GL, that certify their ability to operate in environments with varying temperatures, corrosion, and vibration.
- Sunlight-readable, IP66-rated, highly interoperable computing platforms to effectively handle drilling control systems
- Industrial Ethernet gateways for a wide variety of industrial protocols, and the MX-AOPC UA Server for seamlessly integrating remote I/Os into SCADA systems
- Reliable and secure networking solutions to enable real-time monitoring of field sites from a driller’s cabin
Reliable Remote Monitoring for Drilling Rig and Wellhead Automation
Real-time monitoring and non-stop redundant communications are required for field site drilling data transmission and acquisition. Since onshore operations face environmental hazards and data sometimes need to be aggregated in a control center, Moxa has the industry expertise to build reliable networks for data acquisition and real-time monitoring.
- Complete Modbus, PROFINET, and EtherNet/IP gateways and reliable Ethernet-based control networks for efficient communications with SCADA hosts
- Gigabit secure routers to form a secure network that protects monitoring systems and critical oil rigs and wellheads
- High bandwidth Gigabit backbone for video, voice, and data transmission
Real-Time Monitoring of Oil Pipeline Systems
Multiple pumping stations, such as block valve stations and compressor stations, keep the pressure in the pipeline constant. Operators can quickly detect, locate, and prevent or resolve leaks, damages, and breaks by deploying a rugged, extendable fiber-optic Ethernet network. The network must be robust, secure, highly available, and include an integrated remote monitoring for pipeline operation to improve safety and reliability and reduce the total cost of the pipeline.
- Reliable and secure wired and wireless communication network solutions
- High-performance VPN for large data acquisition requirements to secure data transmissions
- Smart RTU, ensuring accurate data timestamps and prompt alarm triggering
Ensure 24/7 Sustainable Production with Industrial Ethernet
The distributed control system (DCS) is the main control system, and is connected to the controller elements by Ethernet networks to manage and monitor the plant’s output and performance. Since non-stop 24/7 operation is crucial to the entire process, the Ethernet network system must have reliable redundancy to achieve high data availability and optimal productivity. In addition, a reliable and secure auxiliary system is used to detect and track unsafe events, such as leaks, to maintain safe operations.
- Highly reliable and secure industrial Ethernet communication networks for the entire DCS
- Event-based RTU controllers and remote I/Os provide an integrated service for real-time data acquisition and monitoring.
- Full Gigabit Layer 3/Layer 2 rackmount switches supporting up to four 10GbE ports and Turbo Ring /Turbo Chain redundant technology